It was an ordinary day in the Medler household. Lunchtime rolled around, and Joe, his wife, and their 14-month-old son, sat down to eat around the kitchen table. As soon as their young son took a bite from a veggie burger, hives, vomiting and a struggle to breathe ensued. Their next stop was the emergency room, and life for this young family, like many others, was forever altered. I know how well an allergic reaction can change your family’s landscape from calm seas to a virtual tsunami in an instant. Joe’s son was subsequently diagnosed with anaphylactic allergy to sesame.
Comments are closed.