We did not know that she was allergic at the time. After eating the cashews she developed a rash and then had trouble breathing. An ambulance met the plane when we landed, and my daughter was rushed to the ER where epinephrine was administered. Unfortunately, although there was adrenaline on the plane, it was for an adult and nobody knew how much to give to a child so we only gave her Benadryl. Nut and peanut allergies need to be treated with respect as they can be life threatening. I strongly agree with a ban on nuts and peanuts on airline flights.
In 2001, our plane made an emergency landing due to my 3 year old who had an anaphylactic reaction while eating cashews that were served in first class.
Comments are closed.